Nepalese Community Oxfordshire, known as the NCO UK is an umbrella community to bring all the Nepalese people within Oxfordshire under one umbrella. This community is from Nepalese, living within Oxfordshire. All members of the community are from Nepal and majority of them are Ex (retired) Gurkhas and their families, including students and working professionals. The NCO UK was established in December 2006. The main aim of this organization is to promote, preserve and share traditional Nepalese culture, customs and values. To promote cultural exchange and good relations between Nepalese, British and other people from different ethnic origins in Oxfordshire.
Nepalese Community Oxfordshire UK (NCO UK) – Forecast of Events – 2016/17
- Oxclean Spring 2016: Sunday, 6th March 2016
- Nepali New Year Party: Saturday 9th April 2016 at The Oxford Academy, Sandy Lane West, Littlemore, Oxford, OX4 6JZ.
- Ox5run 2016: Sunday 17thApril 2016.
- Faith Walk in Oxford: Thursday 2nd June 2016.
- Cowley Road Carnival Procession: Sunday 10th July 2016
- Annual General Meeting (AGM): Saturday,30th July 2016 at Rosehill Community Centre, Oxford, OX4 4UY.
- Teej Party 2016: Friday 2 September 2016 at Rosehill Community Centre, Oxford, OX4 4UY.
- Dashain and Tihar Party 2016: Saturday 8th October 2016 at The Oxford Academy, Sandy Lane West, Oxford, OX4 6JZ. For more information please click here.
- Remembrance Sunday 2016: Sunday 13th November 2016.
- Oxclean Spring 2017: 3 – 5 March 2017.
- New Year Bi. Sa. 2074: Friday 14 April 2017 (Party date to be confirmed)
- Faith Walk 2017: to be confirmed
- Teej 2017: Saturday 25 August 2017 (Party date to be confirmed)
- Dashain 2017: Sunday 30 September 2017 (Party date to be confirmed)
- Tihar 2017: Monday 22 October 2017
- Remembrance Sunday 2017: Sunday 12 November 2017
Dashain & Tihar Party – Saturday 8th October 2016
Updated: Tuesday 6 September 2016 by Capt Tulasi Paudel
Nepalese Community Oxfordshire (NCO) UK will be celebrating Dashain and Tihar Party on the date, time and venue shown below:
Date: Saturday 8th October 2016
Time: 5.00 pm – 11.30 pm
Venue: The Oxford Academy, Sandy Lane West, Oxford, OX4 6JZ
Fee: Children 6 to 12 years £6.00 and 13 years or above £12.00. Tickets are now available from your area representatives and will also be available on arrival at the venue. You are kindly expected to confirm your attendance through our community Viber group “Oxon Nepalese” for planning purpose. For example: Mr XX Gurung, Adult 3 and Children 2 etc. Continue reading…
Ox5 Run 2016 – Sunday, 17 April 2016
Updated: Monday, 18 April 2016 by Lochan Limbu (Community Chairperson)
On behalf of Nepalese Community Oxfordshire I would like to express my sincere gratitude to all the participants and our generous donors for supporting us during the Ox5 Run 2016 fundraising event. It would not have been possible without your support. Once again big thanks for your great support. If any one is still interested you can support us by using the link below:
Nepal Earthquake Disaster Appeal Fund Update
Updated: Thursday, 28 July 2016 by Tulasi Paudel FCMI (Coordinator)
We are extremely grateful to Local Public, Pubs, Super Stores, Nepalese Restaurants, Care Homes, Local Media and everyone for their outstanding support from the very beginning. With your generous support and kind contribution we have so far raised a total of £26,998.26 (includes JustGiving pages and street collection).
Ox Clean Programme – Sunday, 6th March 2016 (updated on 14th March 2016)
A group of volunteers from Nepalese Community Oxfordshire UK (NCO UK) participated on the above event on Sunday, 6th March 2016 as organised by Mr Bhakta Limbu (NCO UK Committee Member) in Rosehill, Oxford, UK. Continue reading..